In my previous article on the Apple Mail plugin MailHub I covered many of it’s filing features. Today I want to take a look at some things it can do in the “Compose Email” window in the Apple Mail program.
MailHub Compose Window
Here is the “Compose Window” in the Apple Mail app with MailHub installed:
Lets do this by the numbers:
1. Delete – This is button lets you send your message and then delete the “Sent Message”.
2. Send – This button is the normal Send button.
3. Archive – This button lets you send your message and then Archive it to your location of choice.
4. Send Later – This button lets you send the email later. It drops down this menu:
5. Remind – This button lets you set a reminder of when to send the email.
But wait, there is more!! If you click on the “Deliver” button you have even more choices, as if the ones listed above were not enough:
You can choose “Using Rules” or “Immediately”. But, if you choose “After Delay” you get this popout:
There may be some reasons to use this, especially in the business world. If you choose “At Time” from this menu you get this popout:
If you click on the “Apply Rules” dropdown you can select “Outbox Rules” like so:
I don’t have any in there, but I know people who do have Outbox rules in their email workflow. And, well, just one more thing. If you click on the “Archive To” dropdown you can choose “Other” and then select a different location from the “Default” one to archive that particular email:
Is this little plugin amazing or what! You can do almost anything with an email with it.
I don’t know if you need all these settings and features in your email workflow, but using just some of them like I do will help unravel your email highway mess let me tell you.