There may come a time when you need to Factory Reset a Mac. Here are some reasons a Factory Reset may be advisable:
- If you are selling your Mac, it is essential to factory reset it. This will ensure that your personal data is not carried over to the new user.
- If you are planning to trade in your Mac to Apple or other such companies.
- It is also recommended to factory reset your Mac if you are passing it on to a family member or friend.
- In the normal course, most Mac problems can be addressed without this big step. We have several tutorials to help you with specific macOS issues. But in case nothing seems to work, or if the internal drive isn’t readable, you may perform a full reset.
- Just want to start afresh with a clean Mac!
This article explains how to Factory Reset a Mac including everything you should do before performing the Reset.